My name is JOERG JAHNEL. I am a mathematician.
It has been many years since I entered the Georg August University for the first time. Meanwhile, I also have a small business card in Siegen. In between, I represented a professorship at the Helmut Schmidt University Hamburg.
For a certain time, my research takes place within the limits of
Many of my research projects were joint work with Andreas-Stephan Elsenhans from Würzburg.
- Algebraic Geometry,
- the Theory of Numbers and
- Computer Science.
I am engaged per h.c. in the education of gifted students. I am member of the MO e.V. and the MO-Ni e.V. I was one of the organizers of the Mathematical Olympiad in Lower Saxony. Two times, I was the Team Leader of the Göttingen Team at the IMC in Blagoevgrad/Bulgaria.
As a school student, I took part excessively in the Mathematical Olympiad, myself. My scores at the IMO meanwhile found their way to the internet.
Office HoursThe by far most efficient way to reach me is to send me an email. If you plan to call me by telephone, be warned that this may become a longsome undertaking.
My CV (not really in a conventional form)I do not come from Goettingen, originally. That I have the opportunity to work here, is essentially the result of Prof. Stuhler's activity. In the time before (and in between) I worked at other nice places, namely at
- the Mathematical Institute (in those days still called Maths Department) at Jena,
- the Max-Planck-Institut für Mathematik at Bonn,
- the Mathematical Institute at Cologne and at the
- the Laboratoire de Mathématique de l'Université de Paris-Sud at Orsay.
During the time, I received my salary from several sources. First, from some German state that does not exist anymore, later from the lands of
There were some other places that I could visit for short periods, only. Some of them were
- the University of the Land of Brandenburg at Potsdam,
- the Mathematical Research Institute at Oberwolfach,
- the University at Bonn where the famous Arbeitstagungen take place,
- the University at Wuppertal,
- the University at Münster,
- the Institute for Experimental Mathematics at Essen,
- the Humboldt University at Berlin,
- the Technical University Berlin,
- the Ain-Shams-University at Kairo,
- the University of California at Santa Cruz,
- the American University in Bulgaria at Blagoevgrad,
- the International Centre for Theoretical Physics at Trieste,
- the Isaac Newton Institute at Cambridge,
- the Institut des Hautes Études Scientifiques at Bures-sur-Yvette,
- the Eidgenoessische Technische Hochschule at Zuerich,
- the Banff Centre,
- the University of Bayreuth,
- the INRIA at Nancy,
- the Université de Lille I at Villeneuve-d'Ascq,
- the Lorentz Centre at Leiden,
- the University of California at San Diego,
- the Mathematical Sciences Research Institute at Berkeley,
- the University of Sydney,
- the National Center for Theoretical Sciences at Hsinchu, Taiwan,
- the ICERM at Providence,
- die University of Paderborn, and
- the University of Utrecht.
Very shortly, just for one talk, I was at
- the University of Mannheim,
- the University of Regensburg, and
- the University of New South Wales at Sydney.
While I sat at one of my various little desks, I wrote a number of papers which can be seen here.
This is viewed best under Version 2.01 or higher. last time: 13 August 2023 responsible for this page: Joerg Jahnel
There is a version of this page in German.
To my papers.
To my ancesty.
Some links to the world of Internet. Impressum