Study Programs in Marathi and Maharashtra
- American Institute of Indian Studies Intensive Marathi Language Program
Open to to graduate, qualified undergraduate and other students. Terms: summer (June-Aug), academic year (Sept-May), and single semester (Sept-Dec, Jan-May)
- Associated Colleges of the Midwest (ACM) India Studies Program
Open to undergraduates from any university. Fall semester, formal coursework and independent study, host family stay, based in Pune, since 1969.
- South Asia Language Summer Language Institute (Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison)
Open to all students. Marathi programs take place only if there is sufficient enrolment.
- University of Chicago's "Pune: South Asian Civilization in India" program
Open only to University of Chicago undergraduate students. Fall semester, formal coursework including Hindi language, hotel stay.
Marathi Language and Literature Resources
- Marathi-English dictionaries (Molesworth, Tulpule, Vaze, etc.)
A growing set of digitized dictionaries prepared and hosted by the Digital South Asia Library at the University of Chicago.
- Marathi Online
A JAVA-based tutorial that uses the Marathi in Context books developed by the ACM India Studies program.
- Marathi Wordnet
A Marathi-Marathi dictionary and thesaurus, hosted by the Indian Institute of Technology-Mumbai.
A very large collection of digitized Marathi (as well as Hindi and Sanskrit) literature, mainly dealing with religious topics.
- Marathi documents and media listed at Sanskritdocuments.org
- List of Marathi books scanned by the Digital Library of India project
- Internet Archive search of old and rare scanned Marathi books
Maharashtra-related Online Resources
- Maharashtra Gazetteers Online (Some links on this site are broken.)
- Maharashtra Mandals in North America
- Some Marathi Newspapers: Sakal Maharashtra Times Loksatta
- Streaming Marathi Television (with commercials) - IBN Lokmat Live