To enable you to test the installation of POE, an
Installation Verification Program (IVP)
is provided in /usr/lpp/ppe.poe/samples/ivp. The IVP
tests to see if these conditions are true:
- A non-root user ID is properly authorized in
/etc/hosts.equiv or .rhosts.
- There is access to a C compiler. (The C compiler must be
If the previous conditions are true, the IVP does the following:
- Ensures that:
- The following MPI libraries are there or linked for IBM RS/6000 SP
- poe, pmdv2, mpcc, and mpcc_r are there
and are executable.
- mpcc and mpcc_r scripts are in the path.
- The file /etc/services contains an entry for pmv2, the
Partition Manager daemon.
- The file /etc/inetd.conf contains an entry for
pmv2, and the daemon it points to is executable.
- Creates a work directory in /tmp/ivp <pid> to compile
and run sample programs.
|Note:||pid is the process id.
- Compiles sample programs.
- Creates a host.list file with local host names listed
- Runs sample programs using IP protocol to two tasks.
- Removes all files from /tmp as well as the temporary
- Checks for the dbx bos.adt.debug fileset, for
For instructions on running the POE IVP, see "Step 4: Verifying the POE Installation".
[ Top of Page | Previous Page | Next Page | Table of Contents | Index ]