Department of Crop Sciences - Division of Plant Pathology and Crop Protection
JunProf. Mark Varrelmann
- Mechanisms of plant virus pathogenicity and resistance in different Chenopodium ssp.
- Examination of the hypersensitive response of Chenopodium spec. against root infection with Beet necrotic yellow-vein virus (BNYVV)
- Virus resistance in transgenic plants: aspects and perspectives of biological risk assessment
- Establishing methods for resistance screening of agricultural crops against plant viruses
- Establishment of methods for resistance screening of Beta vulgaris L. genotypes against Beet necrotic yellow-vein virus (BNYVV) by fluorescent tagging of the virus
- Survey of of potato gene-bank material for the existence of resistance against PVY-strains
- Evaluation of gene-bank potato cultivars for resistance and symptom tolerance against tuber necrosis isolates of Potato virus Y (PVYNTN) for the use in ecological breeding programs.
- Use of bacterial genes in order to influence plant apical dominance