Department of Crop Sciences - Division of Plant Pathology and Crop Protection
General Plant Pathology and Crop Protection
Prof. Andreas von Tiedemann
Biology and integrated control of fungal and bacterial pathogens on oilseed rape, cereals and other crops
- Verticillium longisporum
- Stem rot (Sclerotinia sclerotiorum)
- Stem canker, blackleg disease (Phoma lingam)
- Cabbage root fly (Delia radicum L.) and its interaction with Phoma lingam and V. longisporum
- Forecasting systems and crop loss analysis.
- Physiological leaf spots (PLS) in barley and wheat.
- Physiological effects of fungicides on plants.
- Ramularia collo-cygni on barley .
- Fusarium head blight in wheat: Forecasting and determinantion of mycotoxin formation
Further topics - Small projects are conducted on fungal diseases of maize (NLB), peas (root rot complex) and wine (downey mildew). Also bacterial diseases of tomatoes (Clavibacter michiganensis) and bush beans (Pseudomonas syringae pv. phaseolicola) are within the scope of our group.
Master Thesis offers
- on Wheat Blast - Magnaporthe grisea ( PDF document for download, June 2008)